“All new families deserve support.”
Support After Birth
Caring for one another is a radical act. Postpartum Doulas fill an important role in providing emotional, physical, and evidence-based informational support to the new family after the birth of a baby. A doula’s role is fluid and changes from day to day depending on the needs of the mother and family, and can include:
- Offering coping strategies for postpartum adjustment
- Newborn sleep information and family sleep solutions
- Infant care information: diapering, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Breastfeeding, pumping, and bottle feeding assistance
- Nutritious snack and meal preparation
- Light housekeeping (dishes and laundry)
- Infant care so parents can sleep and shower
- Nursery organization and product recommendations
- Running errands for groceries and baby/mama supplies
- Referrals to other professionals if needed
- Babywearing and soothing techniques
- Advocacy and resources for further support
We need doulas in ALL communities, and these trainings are open to ANYONE who chooses to do this beautiful work regardless of race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or religion.
If you would like to bring a training to your community, please get in touch!
Upcoming DONA Postpartum Doula Trainings:
At Homegrown Babies April 26-28, 2019. Register Now!
At Homegrown Babies November 8-10, 2019 Register Now!
At Radiance August 16-18, 2019. Register Now!
At Labors of Love Midwifery & Birth Center Register Now!
At Baby Bump Services October 10-12, 2019 Register Now!
“Thank you Jen. I appreciated your depth of knowledge & experience, relevant examples, and passion for advocacy.”
“Wonderful, inspiring, encouraging workshop”
“I have taken other doula trainings and this one has surpassed my expectations greatly. I feel equipped and prepared to do this work. Thank you.”
“Jen is a great instructor with years of experience and knowledge. Her workshop was inclusive and enjoyable.”
“Used many learning styles… I loved all the movement and role-playing.”
“Jen is a very well-prepared professional and I’m so glad she is doing this work!”