“All new families deserve support.”
Support After Birth
Caring for one another is a radical act. Postpartum Doulas fill an important role in providing emotional, physical, and evidence-based informational support to the new family after the birth of a baby. A doula’s role is fluid and changes from day to day depending on the needs of the family, and can include:
- Offering coping strategies for postpartum adjustment
- Newborn sleep information and family sleep solutions
- Infant care information: diapering, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Infant feeding and/or pumping support
- Nutritious snack and meal preparation
- Light housekeeping (dishes and laundry)
- Infant care so parents can sleep and shower
- Nursery organization and product recommendations
- Running errands for groceries and supplies
- Referrals to other professionals if needed
- Babywearing and soothing techniques
- Advocacy and resources for further support
We need doulas in ALL communities, and these trainings are open to ANYONE who chooses to do this beautiful work regardless of race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or religion.
We cover institutionalized racism and how that impacts maternal health, and we dig into our own implicit bias as individuals to see how it might impact our clients and where growth needs to happen. Partial scholarships are available for BIPOC folks on an as-needed basis; email to request an application.
Upcoming DONA International Postpartum Doula Trainings:
**Please note that due to Covid-19 trainings are being held virtually through at least June 2021**
Virtual Training~ November 6-8, 2020 Register Now
Asheville, NC (in-person, may change to virtual depending on Covid)~ September 10-12, 2021 Register Now
Jen will also be offering virtual postpartum doula trainings through Heart+Soul+Birth Pros in 2020. For dates, visit Heart+Soul+Birth Pros!
If you would like to bring a training to your community, please get in touch!
Testimonials from workshop attendees:
“Thank you Jen. I appreciated your depth of knowledge & experience, relevant examples, and passion for advocacy.”
“Wonderful, inspiring, encouraging workshop”
“I have taken other doula trainings and this one has surpassed my expectations greatly. I feel equipped and prepared to do this work. Thank you.”
“Jen is a great instructor with years of experience and knowledge. Her workshop was inclusive and enjoyable.”
“Used many learning styles… I loved all the movement and role-playing.”
“Jen is a very well-prepared professional and I’m so glad she is doing this work!”