“All new families deserve support.”
Support After Birth
Caring for one another is a radical act. Postpartum Doulas fill an important role in providing emotional, physical, and evidence-based informational support to the new family after the birth of a baby. A doula’s role is fluid and changes from day to day depending on the needs of the family, and can include:
- Offering coping strategies for postpartum adjustment
- Newborn sleep information and family sleep solutions
- Infant care information: diapering, bathing, dressing, etc.
- Infant feeding and/or pumping support
- Nutritious snack and meal preparation
- Light housekeeping (dishes and laundry)
- Infant care so parents can sleep and shower
- Nursery organization and product recommendations
- Running errands for groceries and supplies
- Referrals to other professionals if needed
- Babywearing and soothing techniques
- Advocacy and resources for further support
We need doulas in ALL communities, and these trainings are open to ANYONE who chooses to do this beautiful work regardless of race, sexual orientation, ethnicity, or religion.
We cover institutionalized racism and how that impacts maternal health, and we dig into our own implicit bias as individuals to see how it might impact our clients and where growth needs to happen.
IMPACT Scholarships and equity seats are available for BIPOC folks on an as-needed basis; email to request an application.
Upcoming DONA International
Postpartum Doula Trainings:
April 10, 17, 24: Virtual, Part of a full-spectrum doula training. Register Here
April 12, 19, 26: Virtual, Register Here
June 11-13: Virtual, Register Here
August 6-8: Virtual, Register Here
September 10-12: Virtual, Register Here
October 15-17: Virtual, Register Here
November 5-7: Lansing, MI (in person, pandemic pending) Register Here
If you would like to bring a training to your community, please get in touch!
Testimonials from workshop attendees:
“Thank you Jen. I appreciated your depth of knowledge & experience, relevant examples, and passion for advocacy.”
“Wonderful, inspiring, encouraging workshop”
“I have taken other doula trainings and this one has surpassed my expectations greatly. I feel equipped and prepared to do this work. Thank you.”
“Jen is a great instructor with years of experience and knowledge. Her workshop was inclusive and enjoyable.”
“Used many learning styles… I loved all the movement and role-playing.”
“Jen is a very well-prepared professional and I’m so glad she is doing this work!”